Monday, December 7, 2009

True Story



True Story
by Shel Silverstein

This morning I jumped on my horse
and went out for a ride.
Some wild outlaws chased me
and they shot me in the side.
So I crawled into a wildcat's cave
to find a place to hide,
But some pirates found me a'sleepin' there
and soon they had me tied
To a pole and built a fire
Under me I almost cried
'Till a mermaid cut me loose
and begged to be my bride.
So I said I'd come back Wednesday,
but I must admit I lied,
Then I ran into a jungle swamp
but I forgot my guide.
Then I stepped into some quicksand,
and no matter how I tried,
I couldn't get out 'till I met
a water snake named Clyde
Who pulled me to some cannibals
who planned to have me fried
'Till an eagle come and swooped me up
and through the air we flied,
But he dropped me in a boiling lake
a thousand miles wide.
And you'll never guess what I did then,
I died!

No comments:

ShareThis